Groomsmen

A little about the groomsmen, from Matt’s perspective…



Andy
(Groomsman)

Andy is my “brother from another mother.” We were best friends growing up. When I was younger, I used to get up early and go outside to play as quick as I could, to try to escape doing chores at home. Andy lived right across the street, and he was the first kid I would go wake up every morning. Riding bikes, skateboarding, swim team, ping pong, volleyball, you name it we did it… a lot. In fact, Andy is now a professional volleyball player, and I taught him everything he knows. :-) These days Andy lives in Orlando, and although that’s not exactly right across the street, we do get to see each other once in awhile.

Adam & Jeremy

(Groomsmen)


What can I say about my brothers… I love hanging out with those guys. They are my favorite people, they’re just the coolest guys to spend time with. Thinking about my brothers pumps me up, I love to brag about them, I am just so impressed with the person that each one of them has become. When I think about the past, it amazes me to think about the way we get along when we hang out now… I didn’t have much of a relationship with either one when we were growing up. When I lived at home, all Jeremy and I did was fight, we never even tried to get along. And with Adam, I moved away from home when he was only nine, so he pretty much grew up without me there. I don’t know when or how we became close living such separate lives, but we did… I feel all three of us share such similar mindsets. I feel at home when I’m hanging out with my brothers, I really wish I got to see them more often.


Joey
(Best man)

Joey… Joey is my boy. I met him more than 10 years ago, and we bonded as soon as we met. He’s basically been my de facto legal guardian since I’ve been in Florida, he’s taken care of me in so many ways. Take work, for example. Joey is the one who got me hired at Sea Ray, where I worked for over 10 years. Well, I should say Joey is the one who got me hired… and then he got me rehired… and then he fired me (but that wasn’t his call!). He’s been my work buddy, my skating buddy, my surfing buddy, my concert buddy, you name it, he’s been the guy there with me. He’s taught me so many things, and he’s always helped me out. Still does, every day. Joey has always been there for me, and I know he always will be there for me - and vice versa. In all truth, Joey’s not just my best man, he really is THE best man.


No comments:

Post a Comment